Turkey blue cruises typically refer to boat tours along the beautiful turquoise coast of Turkey. These tours are popular for exploring the stunning coastline, crystal-clear waters, and historic sites. While they are primarily cruise experiences, many tours also include land excursions to explore the historical and cultural attractions of the region. Here’s a general idea of what you can expect on Turkey blue cruises;
- Boat Tours: Turkey Blue Cruises are primarily boat tours. You’ll spend several days on a traditional wooden gulet (a Turkish-style sailing yacht) that oftenincludes various amenities like comfortable cabins, a sun deck, and a dining area.
- Turquoise Coast: The cruises typically navigate along the Turquoise Coast, which is famous for its clear blue waters, hidden coves, and picturesque bays.
- Land Excursions: While the focus is on cruising, many itineraries also include stops at key coastal towns and historic sites. Popular destinations might include places like Bodrum, Marmaris, Fethiye, and Antalya.
- Historical Sites: Some cruises will take you to visit ancient ruins and historical landmarks, such as Ephesus, Caunos, or Kaunos, which are usually accessible by a short trip from the coastline.
- Water Activities: Depending on the cruise, you may have opportunities for swimming, snorkeling, and water sports in the Mediterranean or Aegean Sea.
- Local Cuisine: Most Blue Cruises offer meals on board, which often feature delicious Turkish cuisine. Fresh seafood, mezes (appetizers), and traditional dishes are usually part of the culinary experience.
- Relaxation: You can relax on the deck, sunbathe, and enjoy the scenic beauty of the Turkish coast.
- Diverse Itineraries: There are various Turkey Blue Cruise itineraries available, ranging from shorter three-day cruises to longer excursions that can last up to a week or more. The itineraries can cater to different interests, including those with a focus on relaxation, adventure, or history.
When booking a Turkey blue cruise, it’s essential to consider your preferences, budget, and the specific itinerary you’re interested in. You can find numerous tour operators and agencies that offer a range of options for exploring the Turkish coastline both by sea and by land.