Fethiye is a coastal town located in the southwestern region of Turkey, in the province of Mugla. It’s situated on the Gulf of Fethiye, and is known for its natural beauty, historic sites, and vibrant nightlife.
Fethiye is a city with a rich history that dates back to ancient times. The area has been inhabited by various civilizations throughout history, including the Lycians, Persians, Macedonians, and Romans.
The ancient city of Telmessos, located near present-day Fethiye, was an important city of the Lycian civilization. It was known for its impressive theater and necropolis, which can still be seen today. The city was also an important religious center and was home to a temple dedicated to the god Apollo.
Some of the popular tourist destinations and activities in Fethiye blue cruise include:
- The Fethiye Old Town: The old town of Fethiye is known for its traditional Ottoman houses, narrow streets, and local marketplaces. Visitors can take a walk around the old town and see the traditional houses, and visit the local markets.
- Fethiye Marina: This picturesque marina is home to a variety of shops, restaurants, and nightclubs, making it a popular spot for evening entertainment.
- Fethiye Beach: This beach is a popular spot for swimming and sunbathing.
- The Fethiye Bazaar: This bazaar is known for its wide selection of souvenirs, clothing, and jewelry, and is a popular spot for shopping.
- Yacht Charter: Fethiye is also known as one of the most popular charter destinations in Turkey, offering blue cruises along the Gulf of Fethiye and the Aegean and Mediterranean Coasts.
- The Lycian Way: This long-distance hiking trail, which starts in Fethiye and stretches over 500km, offers a unique opportunity to explore the natural beauty of the region and to discover the ancient Lycian civilization.
- Oludeniz (also known as “Dead Sea”) is a small town located on the southwestern coast of Turkey, in the province of Mugla. The beach is known for its crystal-clear waters, white sandy beaches, and stunning natural beauty. It is a popular spot for swimming, sunbathing, and water sports such as paragliding and parasailing.
- Babadag: Babadag is a mountain located near Oludeniz. It is popular among paragliders and hang gliders, as it offers some of the best views of the area. Visitors can also hike to the summit for panoramic views of the surrounding area.
- Butterfly Valley: Butterfly Valley is a beautiful and secluded valley located near Oludeniz. It is known for its butterfly population, and it’s surrounded by towering cliffs. Visitors can hike to the valley or take a boat trip to see the butterflies and enjoy the stunning natural beauty of the area. It is also a popular spot for camping and camping out under the stars.
- Scuba Diving: Oludeniz is a popular spot for scuba diving and snorkeling, with a variety of local diving schools offering courses and dive trips to explore the area’s underwater wonders.